Meet the Founder
Rhonda Sharp, a well-established local business owner and expert spray tan artist, has gained a fine reputation in the Bloomington community through her ability to improve clients’ aesthetics, image and self-confidence over the last 10 years, as owner and president of No Fry Zone spray tanning salon.
Learning from personal experience with a health condition that prohibited her from sun exposure, Rhonda was inspired to share her beauty secrets and help women reach their skin goals. Rhonda has dedicated herself to creating a business that promotes a healthy lifestyle via safe tanning, while building clients’ confidence with beautiful, glowing skin. Whether just looking for a “golden glow” or trying to combat health issues, NO FRYE ZONE takes pride in helping clients feel more confident in themselves.
Look Good, Feel Good & Live Well!
Plain and simple, most all people look great with a tan – teeth look whiter, you even look leaner. Not only does it make you look great, but looking better helps you to feel better about yourself – more confident, sexy, more powerful. The better you feel about yourself, the more you will look after your health in other ways, and the more confident you will feel with others. When we live a healthy lifestyle, we seem physically and mentally prepared to take on more challenges, conquer our goals and dreams and live with a new zest for life. Feeling great physically is your greatest reward from NO FRYE ZONE!!!
NO FRYE ZONE SUNLESS Tanning is UV Free – no exposure to harmful UVA and UVB rays! Also, with a UV Free tan, you can avoid potential photosensitivity reactions to your prescription medicines.
Tan Year Round!
Spring: Why wait for summer? Get a healthy start on your summer tan.
Summer: Avoid the hassles of outdoor tanning such as annoying insects and exhausting heat. Also, for working people, why wait all week for a chance to tan on the weekend only to burn or have cloudy weather?
Fall: As summer fades, don’t let your tan fade with it; hang onto your tan with our simple, inexpensive maintenance program.
Winter: Escape the “winter blues” with a mini vacation with a NO FRYE ZONE TANNING session and enjoy a beautiful tan even in the winter. You’ll look and feel fantastic!
Why We’re Better
- Fast application – in just 15 minutes you can achieve the same results as 5 tanning bed sessions or many hours in the sun!
- Natural-looking tan that is deep and dark – No orange appearance
- No streaking
- Great control of tanning effect
- Ability to even out undesired tan lines
- Quick drying application
- No sticky or greasy feel
- A safe and healthy tanning alternative
- The ability to tan at your convenience
- De-emphasizes freckles, cellulite and stretch marks, and varicose veins
- Contains a rich blend of skin conditioning moisturizers
How DHA Gives A Tan That Is Much Safer Than The Sun
The misconceptions about DHA, why people turn ORANGE and why people turn orange in the spray booth. Let’s first talk about spray tanning booths why people turn orange and why it is better to get an airbrush tan from a tanning technician.
The reason is in the tanning booths that spay the spray comes out at one level of spray and people with a fairer complexion will turn orange because the spray is not controlled.
The reason why your hands and feet and elbows turn ORANGE in a tanning booth is because of the one level of spray If a professional airbrush technician sprays the client then it is controlled so that the spray level is adjusted to the person’s complexion. People with a darker skin tone can have the spray come out at stronger spray level verses a fairer complexion client.
The standard DHA level in almost all the tanning solution is 9% so a fairer person can have a airbrush tan if they have a technician spray them so it is controlled and they won’t turn orange.
Now let’s talk about another way a person can turn orange. The person will only turn orange if the technician is not trained properly to spray. IF they aren’t trained properly then they may over spray the client in some areas and turn them orange. So it is not the product that turns you orange it is the technician and the spray booths. So please visit one of our technicians for the look you want and love.
Facts About DHA
- DHA is the active tanning ingredient in spray tan solution. It is what gives you the tan.
- DHA is a perfectly safe element as long as it is used externally
- When used properly, DHA is safe for almost everyone, including people who have sensitive skin or asthma
- DHA is a naturally-occurring substance commonly derived from sugar cane that bronzes skin by interacting with dead skin cells
- Because it works at a surface level, DHA does not get absorbed into the bloodstream.
- A common misconception is that the solution brand is responsible for a person turning orange. Although in a rare case this could be true from a poor quality solution, the reality is the technician error is what creates ORANGE.
Tanning Beds vs. Airbrush
Are Tanning Beds Actually Bad For You?
YES! No matter what you may hear at tanning salons, the cumulative damage caused by UV radiation can lead to premature skin aging (wrinkles, lax skin, brown spots, and more), as well as skin cancer. In fact, indoor ultraviolet (UV) tanners are 74 percent more likely to develop melanoma than those who have never tanned indoors.
A tan, whether you get it on the beach, in a bed, or through incidental exposure, is bad news, any way you acquire it. Tans are caused by harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun or tanning lamps, and if you have one, you’ve sustained skin cell damage.
The Facts About UV Radiation
the good, the bad & the ugly
With NO FRYE ZONE Airbrush Tanning, you can achieve a deep dark tan without the harmful effects of UV radiation! But, remember, Aruba Tan DOES NOT contain any sunscreen, so use proper sunscreen care when you go out in the sun. The reason Aruba Tan does not have sunscreen is that the protection in any sun block will at most last 12 hours.
Since Aruba Tan Airbrush Tans lasts for 5-7 days (up to 10 for some people), adding SPF to our formula would not provide any protection for the entire life of your tan and could be misleading. Always wear sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
Did You Know?
- Just one bad blistering sunburn early in life can actually double the risk of skin cancer later in life.
- The sun causes 80% of premature skin aging, making sun protection and avoiding exposure some of the best defenses against wrinkles.
- Skin cancer is the most commonly occurring form of cancer in the U.S.
- The National Cancer Institute estimates that 40 to 50 percent of Americans who live to age 65 will have at least one episode of skin cancer. Most skin cancer is diagnosed after age 50.
- Skin reactions can happen when sunlight interacts with certain chemicals or medications. Certain antibiotics, colognes and perfumes can cause irritation or cause your skin to become sensitive to the sun.
- Sun burning just once in your life can cause irreparable skin damage.